The original plastic 4038 drain spud has been discontinued by the manufacturer. The solution we created is permanent and will never require replacement again. Designed for a 1/2 inch ID hose to slide onto it. Installation steps below:
1) Remove the OLD drain spud from your humidifier.
2) Clean the surface of the new drain spud and the base of the humidifier cabinet at the drain spud location.
3) Apply a small amount of silicone caulking (not included) to the humidifier base to seal the drain spud.
4) Insert the new drain spud and allow to dry for 24 hours before re-installing the humidifier.
5) Care must be taken when connecting the drain line to the new drain spud.